Ready or not, Fall is here in Northeast Ohio!
All the signs of the season are abound, but where should you start when you want to have a festive time suitable for the entire family?
Here’s a guide to finding fun in the region featuring some of our favorite Fall-inspired activities…
As the rule goes, all things apple before all things pumpkin, so don’t think you have to wait until September 22nd to fully embrace this favorite Fall food. Certain varieties of apples come in season while summer is still in season, so make plans to return to an apple orchard more than once in the coming few months. Bountiful options include:
- Blue Jay Orchard in Hiram, OH
- Heavenly Hill Farm in North Royalton, OH
- Patterson Fruit Farm in Chesterland, OH
Get lost – no, literally – in a local corn maze! No matter your age, it’s a great way to feel fully embraced in the season, even if you can’t find your way the entire time. Grab a buddy (just in case you need help you find the exit!) and head to one of these mazes in the area:
- Beriswill Farms’ Corn Maze in Valley City, OH
- Brasee’s Corn Maze & Pumpkin Patch in Wellington, OH
- Maze Craze in New Springfield, OH
I visited my first pumpkin patch last Fall and swore I would make it an annual tradition to pick my own pumpkin! Just remember: the bigger the pumpkin, the more you have to carry back from the pumpkin field! Find the perfect base for your jack-o-lantern at:
- Nickajack Farms in North Lawrence, OH
- Pickering Hill Farm in Avon, OH
- Schuster’s Pumpkin Patch in Elyria, OH
One of the benefits of experiencing Autumn in Northeast Ohio is our chance to watch the changing of the leaves. There are so many ways to see the many colors, but here are a few of my favorite ways:
- Hike the many trails of your local Metroparks this Fall.
- Drive through our region on a one tank trip to see the leaves turning. The Ohio Department of Natural Resources offers this collection of Fall Color Driving Tours on their website.
- Bike the many miles of the Ohio and Erie Canal via the Towpath Trail.
You say the teenagers (and the “big kids”) in your life are looking for something livelier when it comes to Fall entertainment. Why not get spooked and check out a local haunted house? It will be a terrifyingly good time! Options include:
- Akron Haunted School House and Laboratory in Akron, OH
- Bloodview Haunted House in Broadview Heights, OH
- Hauntville in Elyria, OH
Can’t pick just one Fall favorite activity? Visit a local Fall Fest and get them all under one roof! There are many taking place in the Cleveland, Akron and Youngstown areas – attend one of these or find another one that catches your eye!
- The annual Fall Harvest Festival in Tallmadge, OH
- HalloWeekends at Cedar Point in Sandusky, OH
- The Hale Farm Harvest Festival in Bath, OH
- Stark Parks’ Family Fall Fest at Petros Lake Park in Canton, OH
- The Fall Festival at Stearns Homestead in Parma, OH
- The White House Fruit Fall Fall Festival in Canfield, OH